This vegetarian paella tastes delicious and creates a wonderful aroma in the kitchen! Although not strictly authentic, it’s quick and easy to make, and the recipe is very versatile.
Ingredients (serves 2 as a main meal )
- 150 g (5.3 oz) of Arborio Rice
- 540 ml Vegetable stock (homemade or made with a stock cube)
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Tumeric
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- Rapeseed or Olive oil for frying
- Cooked and sliced vegetarian sausages (optional)
- Either of the following vegetables (on their own or in combination) : onions, shallots, leeks, peas, mushroom, aubergine, carrot, parsnip, green beans, sweetcorn, peppers, courgette, tomatoes.
- Tastes great with additional spices such as 1 tsp curry powder
- In a large non-stick saucepan, sauté pan or wok, heat a small amount of oil.
- Fry your choice of diced/sliced vegetables for 5 mins.
- Add the garlic and fry for a further 5 minuts.
- Add the rice and fry for 2 minutes, whilst stirring continuously.
- Add all the vegetable stock.
- Add the paprika, tumeric and any other spices you choose to include.
- Stir whilst bringing to the boil, and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring every 4-5 minutes.
- Add the sliced cooked vegetarian sausages (if using) and continue to cook for a further 5-10 minutes
- Once all the water has been absorbed, the paella is ready to serve.