These potato wedges are very easy to make and require very little preparation. They can be made with either standard potatoes, or sweet potatoes.
- Potatoes (allow 1-2 medium sized potatoes per person)
- Vegetable oil (rapeseed oil is healthiest)
- Your choice of seasoning
Different seasoning suggestions: curry powder, rosemary, mixed herbs, smoked paprika, chilli powder, salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 200° C/400°F/gas mark 6
- Scrub the potatoes all over to clean the skin.
- Cut the potatoes into wedge or chip shapes (no need to peel them).
- Transfer the cut potatoes to a large bowl.
- Add about 1 tbsp oil per 3 medium-sized potatoes.
- Add the seasoning of your choice.
- Stir the potato wedges around in the bowl until they are evenly coated with oil and seasoning.
- Spread out the wedges on a baking tray, and bake in the oven for around 40 minutes, turning half-way.
- If you put baking paper down on the baking tray, the wedges will not stick and you will not need to wash the tray afterwards.
- Wedges of parsnip can be roasted in the same way.